Good piece on chemo brain and some suggestions on how to manage it. I favour emotional support, exercise (body and mind), eating healthily, and laughter, less keen on prescription drugs and seeing a neuropsychologist. The list:
- Ask for a referral to a neuropsychologist.
- Seek out emotional support.
- Other prescription drugs may help with focus. Talk to your doctor about Provigil, Ritalin and other stimulant pharmaceuticals.
- Exercise your body.
- Exercise your mind. The “no-pain, no-gain” adage applies to the mind as well.
- Eat healthfully. Cut out the junk.
- Laugh. Laugh a lot.