A good piece, somewhat lengthy, on the difference between evidence and science-based medicine, and patients used a balance mix of medical evidence, clinician expertise and patient goals and concerns to help make more informed decisions. The phrases that resonate best regarding medical evidence are interesting, so next time you hear one of these phrases ….
- What is proven to work best (79%)
- The most up-to-date medical evidence, including information about the risks and benefits, about what works best (76%)
- Best practices in the medical field (75%)
- What medical science shows about each option’s benefits and risks (71%)
- What the research shows (68%)
- Guidelines developed by national medical experts about what works best (65%)