While I have not encountered resistance from my medical team or family doctor, expect it depends more on how one works with one’s medical team, rather than the technology itself. Some interesting findings:
- Health administrators and payers are more encouraging of mobile health solutions – 40% approve of such technologies compared to just 25% of doctors.
- Two thirds of people who use health and discontinue their use after six months (or earlier). Comment: no different from health club memberships and other exercise resolutions.
- Roughly half the population expect mobile health options will improve the convenience (46%), cost (52%) and quality (48%) of healthcare.
- Nearly half of those surveyed expect mobile apps will change the way they manage chronic conditions (48%), medications (48%) and overall health (49%).
- 60% of consumers believe doctors are not as interested in mobile health options as patients and technology companies.