Suggested questions to have an informed discussion with your doctor. Reviewing these, my recollection that the hematologists went through these fairly thoroughly for my allo stem cell transplant (SCT), when I already had experience in thinking through my concerns, but less so during my initial Hyper CVAD and auto SCT, when the risks were lower. The questions are:
- What’s the likelihood it will help me?
- If it does help, how much will it help me?
- What is the likelihood it will harm me?
- If it harms me, how much will it harm me?
- What’s likely to happen if I don’t do it? (in my case, that was particularly clear and helped focus the mind).