These are fun, annual and somewhat cheeky summaries of blog readership prepared by WordPress.
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 86,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
In terms of the articles most popular with readers, the top 10 over the past year are (excluding the weekly updates, ‘About’ and other pages/tabs):
- Leading Bone Marrow Transplant Expert Recommends Significant Change to Current Practice
- A doctor’s letter to a patient with newly diagnosed cancer
- Meredith Israel Thomas: Lots of Tears With Less Than a Few Months to Live and Meredith Israel Thomas: Grieving for Who I Was Before Cancer
- In one man’s fight against cancer, safety trumps hope
- Progress Report on a Decluttering Project
- Christopher Hitchens RIP – Takes on Nietzsche: Am I Really Stronger?
- Love: A word that medicine fears
- What to Say to Someone Who’s Sick – This Life
- Death of David Servan-Schreiber
- Helpful things to say to someone who’s sick and Top five regrets of the dying